Saturday, February 9, 2013

I practiced about 30 minutes on puzzles. Today was the only day I had a chance to work on the line that Attila gave me that I would play Ron with. I was on the white side of the Sicilian dragon -- playing e4! I found only a couple of games, but most seemed to end in draw. I thought that O-O would solidify white more instead of the Bg5 version. I also struggled with the position and the variations around Bg5. I basically only could spend 40 min preparing looking for games and thinking about some plausible variations.

After the game Ron and I went over it. I pretty much lucked out at the end. I believe that my opponent had the  advantage with the extra pawns, but pawns were not very far advanced. It was a good game and interesting.

Later in the evening I spent some time analyzing the game thinking about some of the other side lines we could have gone through.

Before I went to bed, I worked on 10 tactical puzzles and solved most of them mentally.

No comments:

Post a Comment