Friday, January 4, 2013

It has been a while since I last posted. I have been working on my chess but only sporadically. I've been keeping up with my team4545 league matches and my correspondence chess.

Tonight I worked on getting ready for the NM Memorial. In my last training session with Attila, it occurred to us that my tactical training might be flawed. Fast tactical training only reinforces quick pattern matching and not calculation skills. I have been finding that my calculation ability has not being developed very well. We discussed looking at puzzles where I can take longer time to calculate variations and visualization.

I studied for about 5 solid hours with a combination of puzzles on chessworld.net and particular variations that I've studied with Attila.

No comments:

Post a Comment